The Counseling Program at CCFI specializes in working with infants and their caregivers, children and youth, ages 0-17. Our therapeutic philosophy is grounded in the fact that children need healthy relationships with adults to maximize their potential. CCFI’s counseling team addresses trauma and behavioral issues with children and teens and engages parents in support and education services so that they are better equipped to cope with situations at home.
Our services address the destructive results of stress and trauma, such as:
- Difficulty attaching and bonding
- Struggling to keep stable relationships with family and friends
- Anxiety, fear, avoidance
- Intense, frequent tantrums
- Unpredictable crying or outbursts of anger
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Sleep disruption
- Behavior that looks like hyper-activity
- Inability to calm or stay calm
- Problems at school or daycare
Our counseling team uses a variety of child and family friendly models to design family specific interventions. We are proud to use the Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI®) and Theraplay® models as well as methods from Art Therapy, Movement Therapy, Play Therapy and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, among others.
Counseling services are available through Medicaid and private pay and are based on a sliding scale.
For more information, please contact Tiffany Wells at 405-364-1420 or email@example.com.