Bringing Up Babies
The first few years of every baby's life forms the foundation for that child's long-term health and capacity to learn. Positive early childhood development and learning experiences are vital and CCFI believes that a child's parent(s) is his or her most important teacher. CCFI's Bringing Up Babies program works with pregnant and already parenting parents to support parents as they create healthy and stimulating home environments for their children ages 0-6.
Home visits focus on:
- Childbirth readiness
- Early childhood literacy and learning
- Feeding options and breastfeeding support
- Child development support and screenings
- Sleep struggles
- Setting positive limits
- Finding resources
- Setting family and parent goals
Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly visits are provided in the family home or at other preferred locations. Residents of Cleveland County qualify for this program if they are:
- First time parents who are past 29 weeks of pregnancy or have a baby/toddler under 3 years old
- Parents in their 2nd or 3rd pregnancy
How to Enroll
Bringing Up Babies is a parentPRO and Parents as Teachers affiliate.