Bringing Up Babies
This week, CCFI was officially notified of the Oklahoma State Department of Health's decision to cancel our contract to deliver in-home parent education to prevent child abuse and neglect. This decision ultimately threatens to eliminate a vital prevention program, Bringing Up Babies (BUB).
At CCFI, we believe PREVENTION WORKS.
Please help us save Bringing Up Babies by making a donation to achieve our goal of $200,000 to fund this critical program. Any investment, whether large or small, in this child abuse and neglect prevention program will make a difference in the life of a child who is in harm’s way.
The first few years of every baby's life forms the foundation for that child's long-term health and capacity to learn. Positive early childhood development and learning experiences are vital and CCFI believes that a child's parents are his or her most important teacher.
Bringing Up Babies is a free, voluntary program offered to pregnant and parenting individuals, including teen parents, to create healthy and stimulating home environments for their children. Our weekly, bi-weekly or monthly *home visits provide parent education and support by focusing on:
- Pregnancy and childbirth readiness
- Early childhood literacy and learning
- Feeding options and breastfeeding support
- Child development and screenings
- Sleep struggles
- Setting positive limits and parenting goals
- Linkage to other services and resources
*Home visits are provided in the family home or at other preferred locations. There are no income requirements for this program.
How to Enroll
Residents of Cleveland County qualify for this program if they are:
- First time parents who are past 29 weeks of pregnancy or have a baby/toddler under 3 years old
- Parents in their 2nd or 3rd pregnancy
Bringing Up Babies is a Parents as Teachers affiliate.