We offer many practicums throughout the year for undergraduates or graduate-level students seeking training to gain professional experience or fulfill a degree requirement. Students are paired with an paired with a Masters level trained Senior Program Staff and receive a high-level of professional mentorship, training, and practical experience.
Most students come from degree departments of social work, human relations, education, sociology, and psychology. We are proud to participate in the training of future professionals whose work will be primarily directed towards children!
How to Apply for a Practicum (please follow):
- Please read all the material on this website to get a better understanding of CCFI and which programs you are most interested in before applying. (Please note: it is best to begin the application process early in the Spring for the Fall semester, and early in the Fall for the Spring semester. Positions fill quickly.)
- Fill out the Application.
- E-mail Heather Baker, at email@example.com with the completed application and to request an interview with the appropriate Senior Program Specialist.
- After an interview, if a mutual decision for placement is made, complete the required steps with your university.
Practicum Experience Opportunities
- Divorce Visitation Arbitration Program: Involves group work with adults and children, observation of mediation services, and participating with supervised visits and exchanges.
- Neighborhood Centers Program: Involves relationship-building with youth and families through recreation, arts, tutoring, and leadership development.
- Parents Assistance Program: Involves adult and child assessment and group work, co-counseling experiences with adults, children, and families.
- Trauma Focused Services: Involves case management, support and education group work with abuse and/or neglect children and their caregivers.
For more information, please contact:
Clinical Director 405-364-1420